The Marketing Department of Arnold & Porter has an opening for a Regional Business Development and Marketing Specialist in the San Francisco office. The Specialist will support the business development and marketing activities of the firm’s California attorneys (located in San Francisco, Silicon Valley and Los Angeles), as well as specific practice and industry groups.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: drafting pitches, RFPs and other marketing collateral; identifying and evaluating events and sponsorship opportunities that raise the firm’s profile in the California market; managing logistics for client events, including staffing the event, interacting with clients/guests, working with venues and caterers, producing event materials, and working with other internal departments such as IT and Operations; recording and maintaining experience and other practice content in appropriate databases for use in future business development efforts; drafting submissions for legal directories such as Chambers; drafting responses to regional surveys and submissions to West Coast media outlets; developing a strong understanding of assigned markets, practices and industries, and staying informed of firm and practice developments; collaborating with business professionals from the Marketing Department, as well as other departments throughout the firm; managing the relationships and logistics associated with California sponsorships; performing administrative tasks associated with the California attorneys’ BD and visibility raising efforts and monitoring industry trends and best practices.
- Four-year college degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience in marketing, business development or client relations role, preferably in a professional services company or law firm.
- Knowledge of business development and marketing processes in a professional services industry required.
- Strong proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and databases.
- Understanding of marketing concepts, principles and activities.
- Experience with key research tools and databases, including experience, billing, client contacts and other web based research tools.
- Excellent organization and communications skills, both oral and written.
- Detail oriented with dedication to timely follow up.
- Outstanding organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to apply skills and knowledge learned to future projects.
- Capable of handling many projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure with changing deadlines.
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to make sound decisions and demonstrate a high degree of trustworthiness in handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Flexibility for working after hours and periodic travel.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race (inclusive of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture and protective hairstyles), ethnicity, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, marital or partnership status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, immigration status, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP endeavors to make www.arnoldporter.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Director of Support Staff Stephanie Denmark at +1 202.942.6068. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster..
Arnold & Porter is an EO Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP uses E-Verify, which is a web-based system, to confirm the eligibility of our employees to work in the United States. As an E-Verify employer, we verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). We use E-Verify because we are a federal contractor containing the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) E-Verify clause. Please see the posters for details regarding E-Verify or contact Arnold & Porter’s Human Resources Department for more information. E-Verify Participation Poster and Right-to-work Poster.