The Practice Management Department of Arnold & Porter has an opening for a Practice Group Manager in the New York or DC office. The Practice Group Manager plays a key role with the Practice Group Leaders, partnering with the Practice Management Team, Firm Administration, Chief Legal Talent Officer and Talent Development Team, Business Development and Finance and Accounting Teams in managing the business operations for the Product Liability and General Litigation Practice Groups to provide seamless quality service to lawyers and timekeeping staff, creating a cohesive team across all offices.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working closely with Practice Group Leaders to:
- Developing and implementing all practice-level strategic and operational initiatives.
- Serving as a knowledge resource of on-the-ground practice activity and execute on day-to-day operations.
- Identifying and addressing operational issues to support attorney efficiency in matter management.
- Managing practice group resources by:
- Tracking matter activity and timekeeper capacity to provide Staffing Partners with informed assignment recommendations.
- Evaluating practice group needs on an ongoing basis, identifying gaps in attorney resources and preparing needs analyses to support practice group recruiting efforts.
- Ensuring regular information flow and data sharing by:
- Developing substantive agendas and presentations for practice group meetings.
- Preparing other practice group communications with Practice Group Leaders.
- Liaising with other administrative departments to ensure seamless service for all practice group needs, including:
- Finance: regularly analyze practice group’s financial data and recommend reporting needs.
- Business Development: identify appropriate resources at all attorney levels for new business initiatives and to ensure lateral partner integration success.
- Talent Development: collaborate on all initiatives related to associate development and retention, including mentoring, evaluations, reviews, promotions and practice-specific associate training.
- Knowledge Management: identify and develop innovative technological resources to improve data sharing, matter management and overall productivity.
- Acting as a trusted confidante for attorneys at all levels.
- Bachelor‘s degree. Master’s degree or J.D. a plus.
- Relevant law firm or professional services, operations and management experience. Experience with transactional law is a plus.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
- Must possess financial, analytical and project management skills.
- Demonstrates strategic focus, self-motivation, and a drive to action.
- Ability to work independently as well on a team and has the ability to collaborate effectively across offices and practice areas.
- Ability to build relationships and gain the trust of the attorneys.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate, in oral and written form, with people at all levels within the Firm.
- Exhibits significant attention to detail and produce high quality deliverables.
- Must possess good judgment and decision making skills.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race (inclusive of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture and protective hairstyles), ethnicity, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, marital or partnership status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, immigration status, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP endeavors to make www.arnoldporter.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Director of Support Staff Stephanie Denmark at +1 202.942.6068. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster..
Arnold & Porter is an EO Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP uses E-Verify, which is a web-based system, to confirm the eligibility of our employees to work in the United States. As an E-Verify employer, we verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). We use E-Verify because we are a federal contractor containing the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) E-Verify clause. Please see the posters for details regarding E-Verify or contact Arnold & Porter’s Human Resources Department for more information. E-Verify Participation Poster and Right-to-work Poster.