Arnold & Porter has an opening for a Human Resources (HR) Assistant in the Washington, DC office. The HR Assistant will assist with staff recruiting and onboarding functions, support internal HR related initiatives and assist with general administrative tasks within the Human Resources Department.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing the bi-weekly staff recruiting letters/emails and scanning/uploading recruiting documents into the Applicant Tracking System.
- Maintaining the Application Tracking System.
- Posting new open positions (internally and externally) and creating electronic recruiting files.
- Administering and managing the candidate diagnostic assessment process.
- Preparing and updating staff recruiting spreadsheets.
- Greeting and escorting applicants to conference rooms for interviews.
- Preparing new hire orientation schedules, reserving conference rooms, sending calendar invites, preparing new hire packets, giving the Firm tours, and distributing the new hire forms for DC staff.
- Processing non-employee workers and entering all non-employee worker information into the HRIS system.
- Processing staff employment verifications.
- Preparing ad hoc staff recruiting reports, as needed.
- Processing invoices and expenses for the human resources department.
- Providing backup in handling the electronic filing for FMLA and electronic personnel files including creating new hire personnel files.
- Assisting with Staff Appreciation Week, Service Awards and other events hosted by the HR department.
- Assisting with other ad hoc projects, as needed.
- Two-year college degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of one year of office experience.
- Experience in a law firm, corporate or professional environment preferred.
- A minimum of 50 wpm typing.
- Proficiency in Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office Suite and/or related software.
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of trustworthiness in handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Proven reliability, dependability, and motivation.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while exhibiting a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Exceptional client service.
- Flexibility to work additional hours, as necessary.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race (inclusive of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture and protective hairstyles), ethnicity, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, marital or partnership status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, immigration status, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP endeavors to make www.arnoldporter.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Director of Support Staff Stephanie Denmark at +1 202.942.6068. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster.
Arnold & Porter is an EO Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP uses E-Verify, which is a web-based system, to confirm the eligibility of our employees to work in the United States. As an E-Verify employer, we verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). We use E-Verify because we are a federal contractor containing the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) E-Verify clause. Please see the posters for details regarding E-Verify or contact Arnold & Porter’s Human Resources Department for more information. E-Verify Participation Poster and Right-to-work Poster.