The Marketing Department of Arnold & Porter has an opening for a Business Development Specialist in the New York office. The Business Development Specialist provides support for a wide range of business development activities, particularly focused on the Corporate & Finance practice groups. This position works with lawyers, business development managers, and other firm staff to handle practice group and individual attorney business development and marketing efforts. The majority of time will be devoted to pitches/proposals, ranking submissions, and other practice group promotional projects. The Specialist may lead business development efforts for a designated working group or initiative.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working with Business Development Managers and/or attorneys to develop and implement marketing, business, and client development activities and projects for designated groups and initiatives.
- Supporting RFP, pitch, and proposal processes from planning through submission. Elements of this responsibility include, for example:
- Working with attorneys, marketing staff and other firm personnel in the development and execution of proposals and presentations.
- Understanding and identifying most applicable content, editing existing content, and drafting new content for proposals and pitches.
- Coordinating information and research requests with research analysts and finance & accounting staff.
- Coordinating the assembly/production and delivery of finished product.
- Collecting, drafting and executing practice group submissions to Chambers and other rankings/awards submissions.
- Maintaining practice group content for central Foundation database.
- Using CRM database Interaction to identify and confirm relationship targets.
- Overseeing the editing and production of individual practice or industry team newsletters or communications.
- Managing the relationships and logistics associated with conferences and sponsorships.
- Drafting and managing practice group content on the firm’s website, including regular updates of biographies and experience highlights.
- Providing support for attorneys reaching out to targeted contacts and clients, including creation of targeted lists for specific business development efforts and events.
- Mentoring junior staff on best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of three years of related experience in marketing, business development or client relations role, preferably in a professional services company or firm. Legal marketing experience is preferred.
- Proficient in a range of computer software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) Comfortable using a variety of proprietary marketing databases such as Foundation or InterAction is a plus.
- Excellent writing and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of business development processes required; knowledge of proposal process preferred. Ability to work well under pressure essential.
- Self-motivated, with strong attention to detail and demonstrated effective project management skills.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate, in oral and written form, with people at all levels within the Firm.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to work in an environment with shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Exhibit superior attention to detail and pride in high quality deliverables.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
The anticipated base salary for this position is $75,000 to $105,000. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.
Arnold & Porter is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy and childbirth (including breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, marital or partnership status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, immigration status, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. Our Firm’s equal opportunity policy applies to all employment practices and terms and conditions, including, without limitation, recruitment, employment, assignment, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, disciplinary action and terminations. For purposes of the Firm’s Anti-discrimination, Anti-harassment and Affirmative Action Policies, the term “race” includes, without limitation, traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles, such as braids, locks, and twists.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP endeavors to make www.arnoldporter.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Director of Support Staff Stephanie Denmark at +1 202.942.6068. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster.
Arnold & Porter is an EO Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP uses E-Verify, which is a web-based system, to confirm the eligibility of our employees to work in the United States. As an E-Verify employer, we verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). We use E-Verify because we are a federal contractor containing the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) E-Verify clause. Please see the posters for details regarding E-Verify or contact Arnold & Porter’s Human Resources Department for more information. E-Verify Participation Poster and Right-to-work Poster.