Arnold & Porter has an opening for an Administrative Coordinator in the Washington, DC office supporting the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and Firm Administration matters. The Coordinator will provide a combination of technical, project-based and administrative support to the Firm’s Leadership team as well as general support for Firmwide administration matters.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Scheduling and coordination of meetings led by Firm Leadership
- Facilitating internal communications from the COO, including information for Firm Administration efforts and projects.
- Creating PowerPoint presentations and Excel spreadsheets that support Leadership initiatives.
- Handling and processing Charitable Contributions for the Firm.
- Completing monthly variances for the Firm Administration Department budget along with preparing this departmental budget on an annual basis.
- Coordinate with other Firm departments in order to facilitate the completion and response to client surveys.
- Entering data/invoices into Chrome River for expense reimbursement.
- Reviewing data including issue-spotting and confirming accuracy of information.
- Coordinating initiatives for the firm in a variety of areas.
- Partnering with other departments such as Finance & Accounting, Information Technology, Marketing, Talent, HR, etc. and coordinating projects on behalf of the COO.
- Facilitating and handling special projects.
- Performing a variety of administrative responsibilities to develop systems and processes to manage the work efficiently as well as providing general support as assigned.
- Assisting with ad hoc projects for the firm.
- College degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of two years of experience in a professional work environment.
- Expert proficiency in MS PowerPoint, Excel and Word is required.
- Minimum of 50 wpm typing.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written, with people at all levels within the firm as well as external individuals.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build successful working relationships and to work within a team environment exhibiting the ability to collaborate effectively as well as work independently.
- Ability to build relationships and gain the trust of internal stakeholders.
- Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail and pride in high quality deliverables.
- Ability to make sound decisions and exercise good judgment.
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of trustworthiness in handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Flexibility to work additional hours, as needed.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race (inclusive of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture and protective hairstyles), ethnicity, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, marital or partnership status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, immigration status, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP endeavors to make www.arnoldporter.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Director of Support Staff Stephanie Denmark at +1 202.942.6068. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster.
Arnold & Porter is an EO Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP uses E-Verify, which is a web-based system, to confirm the eligibility of our employees to work in the United States. As an E-Verify employer, we verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). We use E-Verify because we are a federal contractor containing the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) E-Verify clause. Please see the posters for details regarding E-Verify or contact Arnold & Porter’s Human Resources Department for more information. E-Verify Participation Poster and Right-to-work Poster.