The Information Technology Department of Arnold & Porter has an opening for a Mobile Applications Developer. This a remote position, but the individual will need to reside within commuting distance to one of the firm’s U.S. offices. Mobile Applications Developer responsible for working with IT and business stakeholders, creating and supporting new solutions using mobile application and Microsoft Power Platform platforms to automate business processes, encourage knowledge sharing, improve communications, enhance productivity and efficiency.
This position is part of the Applications Development team, which develops in-house Web applications, Desktop Applications, Mobile Apps and customizes the existing business applications to meet the firm’s specific needs. The firm is leveraging low-code and mobile application platforms to improve communications and accessibility to information for internal users and clients. The Mobile Application Developer will assist in driving the firm to meet these goals.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Building Enterprise-level solutions within Arnold & Porter M365 and Azure environments, including form creation, workflow customization, process automation, report development, dashboard creation, and system configuration.
- Designing and developing Office 365 applications and solutions (Power Automate (Flow), Power Apps, Power BI, Dynamics 365, SharePoint Online).
- Creating and customizing mobile applications using 3rd party mobile application development platforms (e.g. Microsoft Power Platform, Fliplet)
- Analyzing the business requirements by collaborating with the stakeholders and IT Management, studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes.
- Performing software design using software development fundamentals and processes, debugging, testing, and deploying software solutions.
- Designing, developing and maintaining key components of the software suite using Azure and Office 365 APIs.
- Implementing custom solutions that leverage various Azure and Office 365 services.
- Documenting and demonstrating solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, etc.
- Creating and maintaining application solution documentation.
- Collaborating with business customers to perform application testing needed to assure the desired functionality of the solutions meets the business requirements.
- Sharing knowledge with co-workers and ensuring appropriate knowledge transfer to cover duties during vacations, training, etc.
- Resolving application outages, monitoring production applications, and supporting day-to-day operations of SharePoint servers, including patches and upgrades.
- Ensuring seamless integration with third-party applications and data feeds from critical business systems.
- Defining requirements for hardware platforms, including required resources and projected growth for applications.
- Serving as subject matter expert and technical liaison to business for Power App and Mobile Apps environments.
- Documenting and maintaining system configurations, application settings, and code changes.
- Working with the training team to develop appropriate application training resources for end-users.
- Four-year college degree required, equivalent experience will be considered
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in the following:
- Designing and developing enterprise-wide applications using Office 365/PowerApps and other Mobile Apps development platforms for iOS and Android devices.
- .Net or equivalent scripting language.
- Must have extensive experience building Office 365-connected solutions, including Power Automate (Flow), Power Apps, Power BI, Dynamics 365, SharePoint Online.
- Expert knowledge of building web parts, apps, page layouts and content types using the O365 API.
- Experience with Visual Studio and Azure DevOps, Git, TFS, or other source control management tools.
- Solid understanding of relational database development and SQL experience.
- Experience with IDEs and Visual Studio and Visual Studio Code as well as experience with source control tools such as Bitbucket, Azure DevOps, and Github.
- Experience with Azure resources such as Azure functions, Azure logic apps, and Azure SQL DB.
- Experience with PowerBI, SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, and/or SQL Server Integration Services a plus.
- Experience in applying software development lifecycle, including analysis, design, configuration, development, and unit testing using Microsoft technologies.
- High-level understanding of Active Directory, AD security, TCP/IP, DNS, Load balancers, Firewall, and SMTP.
- Experience in Microsoft Intune and MDM platforms a plus.
- Strong written/oral communication, process management, process improvement, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to understand complex business & system processes and clearly articulate business requirements.
- Excellent team player with ability to work with multiple vendors and internal departments.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Flexibility to work additional hours, as necessary.
The Firm will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race (inclusive of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture and protective hairstyles), ethnicity, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, marital or partnership status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, immigration status, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP endeavors to make www.arnoldporter.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Director of Support Staff Stephanie Denmark at +1 202.942.6068. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster..
Arnold & Porter is an EO Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP uses E-Verify, which is a web-based system, to confirm the eligibility of our employees to work in the United States. As an E-Verify employer, we verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). We use E-Verify because we are a federal contractor containing the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) E-Verify clause. Please see the posters for details regarding E-Verify or contact Arnold & Porter’s Human Resources Department for more information. E-Verify Participation Poster and Right-to-work Poster.