The Marketing Department of Arnold & Porter has an opening for a Social Media Manager. This position can be located in the New York or Washington, DC office. The Social Media Manager will build on the firm’s existing social and digital platforms by identifying strategic growth opportunities that reflects the firm’s strategic priorities and maximizes engagement with targeted audiences. The Social Media Manager will advise the marketing team, attorneys, internal groups, and firm leaders on social media strategy and solutions, and will measure and refine platform strategy to ensure continued growth and success. The Social Media Manager will be a well-organized team player and will have a clear understanding of emerging tools and trends in the digital communications and social media landscape.
The Social Media Manager will work closely with the Social Media Specialist as well as with individuals across the Marketing Department, including the media relations, editorial, website, digital/creative and BD teams. Reporting to the Director of Brand & Strategic Communications, the Social Media Manager will play a key role in supporting the media relations, visibility raising and internal and external communications priorities of the firm.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Designing, managing and leading the continued growth of a comprehensive and cutting-edge social media platform and digital communication strategy designed to reach and influence target audiences.
- Developing and managing the social media editorial calendar for content distributed across firm social media channels in collaboration with Social Media Specialist.
- Working closely with firm leadership, including Chiefs of various departments, to advance firm priorities across various platforms with consistent messaging and alignment with firm brand and culture.
- Advising and training attorneys and others across the firm on social media for business development and brand-building. Developing training materials, social media guidelines, and conducting individual and group trainings.
- Serving as the co-administrator of the firm’s presence across core social media platforms, continually seeking to improve processes and functionality.
- Staying abreast of social media developments and trends, emerging technologies, and communications best practices.
- Continually monitoring, analyzing, and reporting on the firm’s social and traditional media engagement and other key metrics as they compare to the market.
- Coordinating daily with members of the media relations and communications team to ensure social activities are aligned with broader communications priorities.
- Playing an integral role in vendor review and management of vendor relationships.
- Continuing to enhance targeted social media efforts and alignment of social media campaigns with firm initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Digital Media, PR/Communications, Marketing, Journalism or a related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience working in digital communications/social media, including experience providing strategic counsel to leadership and hands-on execution of a company’s social media platforms.
- Experience in professional services, legal or B2B context preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of social media tools for monitoring, management and analytics such as Sprout Social, Meltwater and Hootsuite.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including superb attention to grammar, spelling and vocabulary.
- Creative writing and editing skills, along with innovative thinking and approach to content writing and distribution.
- Experience with integrating content from social channels across other digital platforms such as website, podcast or webcast, as well extensive knowledge of photography and video.
- Excellent leadership and project management skills.
- Practical problem-solving skills and well-developed analytical skills. Ability to analyze problems and provide effective strategies and solutions.
- Ability to work in a high-pace environment, either independently or as a member of a project team.
- Well-developed and professional interpersonal skills; ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the firm.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with the appropriate discretion.
- Ability to manage time well, prioritize effectively, and handle multiple deadlines.
- Knowledge and proficiency in PC applications, including MS Office
- Experience with targeted social media campaigns.
- Flexibly to work additional hours as necessary.
In addition to your resume, please include any relevant samples of your work and/or analytic reports in support of your previous accomplishments.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race (inclusive of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture and protective hairstyles), ethnicity, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, marital or partnership status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, immigration status, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP endeavors to make www.arnoldporter.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Director of Support Staff Stephanie Denmark at +1 202.942.6068. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster.
Arnold & Porter is an EO Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP uses E-Verify, which is a web-based system, to confirm the eligibility of our employees to work in the United States. As an E-Verify employer, we verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). We use E-Verify because we are a federal contractor containing the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) E-Verify clause. Please see the posters for details regarding E-Verify or contact Arnold & Porter’s Human Resources Department for more information. E-Verify Participation Poster and Right-to-work Poster.